Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Good Intentions

We stopped at an old favorite haute for lunch today (pictured here). It is Le Petit Pontoise on the Left Bank. I had two of my favorites - foie gras and escargot - yes, duck liver and snails. Both dishes are a must when visiting Paris and I love them. Rob ate a salt crusted sea bass.

We found the FNAC store (like USA Tower Records) to pick up our tickets. After a few false starts - I maneuvered through the store and found the billets counter. I really should learn to speak and understand French. Off to the Arab Institute to view the Napoleon in Egypt exhibit. The museum is located on the Left Bank and near our hotel. The exhibit is very good. It is hard to believe Napoleon conquered Egypt at 26 years of age.

Time change and traveling has us weary today. It is tough getting old! Laughing! We lost Rob to the 'call of the bed' around 3:30 pm. Dinner will be early tonight and close to hotel. I think we all need a good night sleep to recharge our batteries.Thankfully - I bought a 9E coffee maker for our room. Add 5E in Starbucks ground coffee and we are nicely stocked for the morning.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: