Thursday, December 31, 2015

Paris 2016 - Day 1

We arrived safely in Paris for another New Year's celebration. My Facebook memories page reminded me that 6 years ago Mark and Heather (my niece and her husband) joined us for the first time in the City of Light. Amazing -  it seems like only yesterday that they were here with us to me. Our flight on AA was uneventful and I slept for most of it (thankfully). I am becoming more and more accostumed to these overseas journeys in coach seating. My back pillow continues to do a terrific job keeping me comfortable in otherwise uncomfortable seats. 

It is almost like sleepwalking. Land CDG airport in Paris, disembark through customs, the seemingly endless walk to the train depot, update travel card at service counter, and 20 minute RER train ride to Saint Michel train station. We are back at d'Albe Hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter on the Left Bank of the Seine River in Paris - and our same room 106. It is home away from home and like home, great to see our old friends are fairing well year after year. Today - our first day (yes I know it is still 2015 but I couldn't help rush the new calendar for this post) and we have a light schedule. After settling into our hotel - we will grab a quick lunch before seeing an exhibit at the Arab Museum. 


No comments: