Monday, January 05, 2009

Something New

It is important to try new things especially in a New Year. Last night we ate at Breizh Cafe (109 rue Vielle du Temple) in the Marais. It is a creperie. I have never had a Gallete - basically a buckwheat crepe. Mine had egg, endive and cheese. It was very good and I am glad I tried it. It reminds me of another benefit of having a local make our reservations. It breaks us out of our mold and encourages us to try new foods. Of course - we all tried sweet crepes with chocolate, caramel and ice cream. We will worry about the gym when we return.

Buckwheat was also the flour ground by the original windmills in Montmartre. They also pressed grapes for wine. I may have mentioned - two of the original windmills are still visible in Montmartre.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: