Sunday, May 22, 2011

Italy - Day Thirteen



A day of rest on the Isola di Procida. We woke to cloudy overcast skies. Easy to stay in bed and indoors.

Reluctantly we abandon our beds and take the streets for a quick walk. The streets are particularly nice and empty on Sunday - no wall hugging today as Vespas and cars rush about town.

The temperatures are dropping again without the sun. The coolness is a pleasant break from the heat. Summer is coming and the high season will arrive soon.

No matter - we finish our walk and return home. Our temporary home on Isola di Procida - which like Procida's streets is quiet as this weekend's visitors have all departed for the mainland. Peaceful.

We read, rest and visit.

I took this picture yesterday during my whirlwind revisit of several places. I couldn't resist sharing my image of the classic view of Isola di Procida. This is one of the images from Isola di Procida that will come to my mind whenever I hear her name.

Our adventure is quickly coming to an end.

Our memories will last a lifetime.

No comments: