Sunday, July 11, 2004

And on the Seventh Day ...

They all rested! What an unproductive day. Thank goodness - packing is ahead of schedule. Kitchen is all packed up and hardware has been removed from the cabinet doors. So the kitchen is ready for demolition.

Of course, the original schedule had us back in the master bedroom by the time the kitchen demolition started - mainly so we could come and go out the back doors and keep out of the way. Which means work in the master bedroom really has to get going this week - so keep your fingers crossed! Cause they have a long way too go! Tiling, grouting, painting, repairing floors, sanding and sealing - not to mention installing the new French doors. Okay - they REALLY have to get going THIS WEEK!

I don't think I am asking too much. After all we signed the contract on June 17th and it is now July 11th. Best to measure progress - in order to prevent a panic attack on my part. We have a new roof and 90% of the outside is painted. Demolition in the master bath is done and tile in place. New hardwood floors are in place and curing the front bedroom. Appliances have been ordered and should arrive soon. Progress has been made.

I just need a miracle! I really want to be done by Labor Day! Surviving chaos longer than that may drive me nuts. Okay - I have complained enough. Time to stop before I get too worked up and start firing off emails to my general contractor.

No comments: