Friday, July 23, 2004

Can It Really Get Worse?

Life in chaos - is always a joke.  You just have to keep reminding yourself of the punch line.  Today's news is that I threw out my back.  Not doing any heroics or heavy lifting - nope nothing so dramatic.  Rather ... stood and twisted and yep,out it went!  Can you believe it?

So here I am - dragging (literally) my butt around town with my contractor as we search for the perfect absolute granite counter top for the kitchen (which is essential to continuing the project).  And ... of course, we have to visit at least a dozen stone shops - none of which - I might add - have the perfect piece of absolute black granite (they really should rename it 'kind of grey' with some black). 

The final wholesaler that we visited right at 5 p.m. closing time (and 3 hours later) - was the worst!  My back was killing me. I was praying (silently) that they would be closed (although I was the 'happy camper' that recommended we try them).  And what do I get for all my pain, suffering and effort?  An entry from the parking lot - with not one, but a dozen steps - I thought I was going to break down and cry!  Of course, they did not have enough granite for the kitchen. 

So... Tomorrow bright and early - I hit the road again.

I know I sound pitiful.  And, I know most people (including my friends) think I am fighting for attention after my 'helpers' most recent vacation in Las Vegas (read earlier blogs) - but this one is real and I have proof.  Tonight my contractor dropped me off and started to drive away - only to return.  He ACTUALLY came back because I was still standing on the driveway unable to MOVE.  

Now - I am stewing in embarrassment!  My contractor had to help me into the house.  And - my 'helper' had to walk the puppies!  All while I sat helplessly in a chair.

Dear Lord!  When will this end?

P.S. Did you know your not suppose to mix Ibuprofen and alcohol?  Ooops! too late! Ha Ha Hiccup!


No comments: